Triumph TR-6 (1971)
Price: US $17,300.00
Price: US $17,300.00
I have been lucky to have owned this brilliant red TR6 for 17 years. I bought it in 2000, drove it for about four years, then put it in a garage for about 7 years due to a leaky muffler. About five years ago, it was “re-activated” and has been my “daily driver” since. My work is only three miles from home and I go to the office only a couple of times a week. Therefore, even though it is my daily driver, I have not put that many miles on the car. My guess is around 1, 000 miles per year for the past four year. I have no idea what its actual total mileage. The TR6 has brought much joy for me and my family over the years. Regretfully, I need to sell it to raise money for my new business venture, and it is priced for a quick sale. This is a car that has been in California for a long time, although I do not know its complete history before my ownership. It is a 1971 vintage so it does not have most of the smog control add-on devices or the extruding rubber bumper. It is exempt from smog test requirement by California DMV. This little TR6 has been quite a reliable car for me, as reliable as any classic British cars can be. Its engine will start right off after you prime the engine a few times, even after being parked for more than a week. The engine runs smoothly and strongly with a great sound. It can be rev’ed nicely all the way up through the orange arc, although I have never gone beyond that. Following is a summary of its overall condition; • Body
- The body looks stunning and is in good shape. Body panels are straight everywhere except for the drive’s side front fender. A minivan backed into it in the parking lot when I started driving it five years ago, creating a palm-size dent with chipped paint. The dent has been manually smoothed over, but it definitely noticeable (see photo). The best way to take care of this is probably simply replace the whole fender during a new paint job, e.g., a $600 part from the Victoria British catalog.
- The body paint is about 20 years old of the original color. But it still looks stunning (see photos).
- There are a few small hair-line cracks developed in the paint now, with a most noticeable one on the driver side door (see photo).
- Interior shows normal wear and tear as shown in photos.
- Very new carpet and floor liners, with matching TR6 rubber floor mats.
- It has four pretty wire wheels with a fifth one as a spare in the trunk.
- The top is worn with small pin-size holes showing up at various places, but can still provide adequate weather protection from the elements.
- It comes with an original tonneau cover (see photos) • Mechanical
- The suspension has been stiffened with a strong front torsional bar and lowered by about two inches or so. It drives and turns crazily nice like a go-cart. GREAT FUN!
- Screw-on oil filter adapter
- Quick oil drain valve
- Everything mechanical work great, no issues, except for one item below.
- The driver side window glass operation requires some manual alignment after it is lowered or raised. • Electrical
- Most electrical systems of this little British car actually work except for two items:
o The emergency flasher does not work
o The parking light is always on when the ignition key is on.
- Most other body light bulbs (turning direction, brake, etc.) have been updated with LED bulbs.
- The previous owner has put in a good Alpine stereo system with two large integrated speaker behind the seats. The stereo has a detachable front panel for security (see photos). It also has a built-in one-disc CD player. I consider it one of life’s great joy cruising in this TR6, open top, down the highway with good music in a nice spring day. • Many key components have been replaced or rebuilt within the last two years:
- Speedometer, rebuilt
- Carburetors, both, rebuilt
- Brake booster cylinder, new
- Complete clutch, new
- Exhaust, 4-year new As one can see, for a simple British car, this adorable TR6 has most of its major components refreshed to provide reliable transportation and fun for many years to come. I am selling it directly without going through third parties, representing a great deal for the new owner with no commissions.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||CC57064L||Mileage:||99,999|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Drive Type:||RWD|
|Vehicle Title:||Clear||Fuel Type:||Gasoline|
|Exterior Color:||Red||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Interior Color:||Black||Drive Side:||Left-hand drive|
|Number of Cylinders:||6|