Alfa Romeo 164 L (1991)
Price: US $1,500.00
Price: US $1,500.00
Relisted as winning bidder could not complete purchase due to unforeseen circumstances on his end...
Up for sale is my 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L. The car runs and drives very well and the body is straight as you can see from the pictures. The paint is ok but definitely shows signs of being a 26 year old car (clearcoat is fading). There is some rust (that has been treated not to spread) over the rear passenger wheel which is common on these cars. I estimate that the tires have about 50% tread remaining. I am only selling this car because I just bought a rare 164 Quadrifoglio that I could not pass up and am turning my focus to that car (unfortunately I do not have the room for both).
Since I purchased it back in May, I have only had the car worked on by an Alfa specialist here in NJ who has gone over the car very carefully. Here are the remaining issues that I am aware of with this car that I have yet to address:
- Anti-Lock Brake indicator light comes on – likely a sensor issue as there are no issues with braking system
- Airbag indicator light comes on – again, likely a senor issue but I have not had diagnosed
- Coolant level indicator light comes on intermittently – replaced faulty level sender but light still comes back on at times. No known issues with cooling system.
- Oil pressure indicator light comes on intermittently – another sensor issue, this one due to a faulty oil pressure light sender.
- Rear passenger door does not open. The lock is seized; my specialist diagnosed this as a 2 hour repair, just never got around to having it done.
- Rear power windows do not function – switch needs to be replaced (works after cleaning switch but eventually stops working)
- Burns about a quart of oil per month or so – need to check and add oil from time to time. Will eventually need head gasket replacement
- Power seats work in all directions (forwards/backwards and reclining) except for up/down (height). The driver seat height is at a mid to low height – I am 6’2” and sit comfortable there. The passenger seat is a bit higher.
- Trunk release button from inside car does not work but trunk opens perfectly fine with key.
The car was running well when I bought it but I committed to investing over $6, 000 into it since then to take care of various issues and now the car drives even better. Improvements done since I bought the car in May include but are not limited to the following:
- New fuel pump
- New fuel hoses
- New fuel filter
- New lower front control arms and ball joints
- New C/V boot, cleaned and regreased C/V axle joint
- Front-end alignment
- New rear brake hoses
- New rear brake calipers
- Cleaned rear disks and pads, replaced fluid and bled system
- New rear lower engine mount
- New upper engine mounts
- New rear driver side interior door handle
- Fuel rail feed clamp and fuel rail junction clamp replaced
- Inner fender shields were missing from front passenger side when purchased – found parts and had them installed
- New passenger exterior door handle
- New front strut bearings
- Wheel alignment
- A/C blower motor fixed – module replaced
- New emergency brake cable
- New power antenna
- New Alfa Romeo floor mats
- Timing belt was changed by previous owner at about 213K miles
As I have stated, the car runs and drives very well, but please understand that this is a 26 year old Italian car, which as can be said for most (older) European cars, tend to have their quirks – such as the above mentioned indicator lights. If you do not comprehend what this means, this car may not be for you. I am not a mechanic and have described the car to the best of my ability. The car comes with service records for the past few years as well as service manuals. Serious inquiries only please… if you are the winner, that does not mean you win the chance to take a look at the car. It means you OWN it. I am more than happy to show the car to anyone seriously interested before the auction ends – I am located in Central NJ. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment to come and look at the car. Also, anyone with less than a feedback of 5 must contact me prior to bidding, or else your bid may be canceled. $500 deposit required immediately after auction end via PayPal. Balance due in cash or certified/bank check at pickup within 7 days of auction end – absolutely no personal checks. Car is sold as-is with no warranty. Clean title in hand.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||ZAREA33L9M6177519||Mileage:||227,861|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Trim:||L|
|Options:||Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof||Drive Type:||FWD|
|Safety Features:||Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag||Power Options:||Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats|
|Exterior Color:||White||Fuel Type:||Gasoline|
|Interior Color:||Gray||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Number of Cylinders:||6||Drive Side:||Left-hand drive|