Volvo 444 (1958)
Price: US $12,800.00
Price: US $12,800.00
1958 PV444 split window coupe. This was a California Car before finding its way to NY (in 2010?) and then Boston (2012) with me. The car was resprayed in an MG blue by the previous owner, but the original dark blue is still on the dash. Paint is not perfect, with some cracking on the hood, but there is no rot on the vehicle. Chrome bumpers can use re-finishing but have no rot. Interior was redone (in the late 1980s?) in a blue hounds tooth pattern and blue carpet. The drum brakes work perfectly.
- 12V conversion, including an AC Delco alternator, Bosch blue 12V coil, new wiring/sockets/bulbs, and relays, a voltage reducer for windshield wipers and functional heater, and a new ignition switch with push button start
- Rebuilt the front and rear suspensions with brand new OEM or better parts and polyurethane bushings & IPD front sway bar.
- American Classic modern white walls
- Installed a tachometer and a 4-gauge cluster just above the shifter (fuel, temp, volt, and oil pressure).
- Custom-made Retrosound digital radio, made to fit in the stock location (Aux & USB inputs) with four speakers.
Key feature is a freshly rebuilt B18 engine. The block is over-bored to B20 specs, with a rebuilt B20F head and a D cam. Dual SU HS6 carburetors and a 4 into 2 exhaust manifold goes into a reproduction Abarth exhaust. Distributor was rebuilt and runs a Hot Spark electronic ignition. Brand new fuel pump, water pump, gas tank, and fuel lines. An M40 transmission was installed with a new Sachs clutch and all new bushings.
Everything on the car runs perfectly. It is a very fun car to drive and can easily stay with modern traffic. Handling and ride with the updated suspension are excellent. Original jack and a functional spare tire are in the trunk. This car gets a lot of looks and put smiles on people's faces wherever it goes.
Car could use a new headliner down the road.
$12, 800 obo (need the garage space for my next project)
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||B16B4953856159||Mileage:||265,000|
|Number of Cylinders:||4||Engine:||B20|
|Body Type:||Coupe||Vehicle Title:||Clear|