DeLorean DMC-12 (1981)
Price: US $30,200.00
Price: US $30,200.00
This Oct. 1981 build DeLorean had been stored in the previous owner’s climate controlled basement/ garage untouched since 2004. The Delorean has just had a recent 3 month “extensive mechanical reconditioning” from May to present which included over 100 hours in labor. The car has just under 39k miles on it, could rollover to 39k with occasional driving until it is purchase by the next owner. The previous owner kept the car in the Southeast US, living in Alabama and outside Nashville TN. He also owned one of the largest NOS Delorean parts collections in the world. The car can be viewed prior to purchase in person just outside Chattanooga by appointment only. I highly recommend coming to see this Delorean in person. Stainless body panels are perfect, no dents, no abnormal re-graining, grain is original from the factory. I have owned several Deloreans and this one has the most original grain of any. The doors are aligned correctly and close as they should. The torsion bars are in perfect condition (see pictures) and verify the car has always been stored indoors. There is also no “X” in the hood, since it has never been re-grained. Frame is mint and untouched see pictures for details. The carpets look phenomenal, original seats are in excellent condition. Clear Tennessee title in hand.
Parts that have been replaced in the past three months. All work was done at 38, 917mi.
153 pictures of the car and repairs made: here
Videos: here here here here
Check out my other listing of NOS parts, that will be listed shortly after 5319.
· Rebuilt all brake calipers, installing a new DeloreanGo 50/50 master cylinder, Pentosin Super DOT 4 brake fluid.
· Operating and working clutch cylinders rebuilt, SS braided clutch line installed by previous owner, Pentosin Super DOT 4 brake fluid.
· New tires, matching Mastercraft brand, correct size 195/60 fronts and 235/60 rears
· SpecialT upgraded alternator, will put out around 14.2-14.5v when fans and A/C not on, drops to around 13.2-13.5v when power on. Cleaned frame to battery ground and ground for the fans. New alternator belt
· Replaced water pump with DMCMW kit, Cleaned VOD, replacing the Y-pipe seals and installing new bolts, replacing all vacuum lines with silicone lines, replacing Distributor cap and rotor. New spark plugs were installed.
· Replaced the front timing cover gasket, crank pulley seal, both A/C idle pulley bearings replaced Had to install helicoil in head where the pulley brake secures because a cross threaded bolt that broke off.
· Replaced exhaust manifold and cross overgaskets. One stud on cyl.1 broken, and was not able to drill out.
· Adjusted Valves, installed new valve cover gasket. New rear cam cover gaskets
· Oil change Mobile 1 full syn. 15w50, Mahle filter
· Replace all connection coolant lines, with new stainless hose clamps. All coolant lines in engine bay replaced also. Installed new heater valve, otterstat for the cooling fans, car had FanZilla installed. OEM Volvo coolant, showing green and not blue now because of the PEAK that was still in the heater core and heater core lines. Head to water pump flange gasket replaced.
· Fuel pump was out of my other car, upgraded to the DMCH fuel pump combo unit, installed new boot and cover. DeloreanGo fuel pickup hose and new in-tank fuel filter screen. Fuel tank was removed and completely cleaned, fuel baffle components were cleaned and were in good shape.
· Paint trunk area, installing SS screws where covered by carpet, black plated screws where visible when opening truck to look original
· Removed front cover on transmission, putting Loctite on secondary shaft nut and re-tapping flat. Replaced shift selector seal while front cover was off and new Redline 75w90NS gear oil. Both output shaft seals and O-rings were replaced. Rebuilt the axle installing new boots and grease.
· Replaced all 4 shift linkage bushings, and replaced the reverse lockout scroll pin with a new SS pin.
· Outer door seals soft and good condition, replaced inner door seals with the new updated DMCH version.
· A-1 upgraded window regulator
· A./C works properly, Charged with R-12 still, new A/C belt
· Trailing arm shield with new DMCH brackets
· LockZilla installed
· Taillight circuit boards re-soldered to improve connections
· DMCH cold air intake and new engine air filter
· Compete 3M sticker kit installed in correct locations
· Painted amber turn signals on rear taillights, no longer has fading
· Tie rod ends replaced, alignment should be completed, only eyeball aligned
· Previous owner had upgraded Pioneer tape stereo and speakers
· New Original Dark grey carpets installed, PO did not have rear wheel arch in darker color, still the lighter grey
New luggage net
· Adjusted Lambda to 22-25, adjusted timing on distributor lined right up to 13 degrees, advances both mechanically and by vacuum, per repair manual
· Fuel filter replaced with Bosch filter
· Soft lift door struts, new engine cover and trunk struts
Suggested additional repairs:
· Rock screen has a 1” square broken out of it, but will throw in a used one that has one broken stud if you want it. One bolt holding the currently rock screen is spinning and will need cut or held from back side to remove
· Alternator output could be higher
· Has good battery from 2016, might get a newer one just to have peace of mind.
· Dash and binnacle could be re-dyed,
· Upgrade relays and circuit breakers
· Taillight circuit boards and LED lights
· LED door and interior light kits
International Buyers are welcome to bid but please contact me before doing so. Buyer is responsible for shipping or pickup and we will help accommodate the buyers with shipping arrangements/pickup.
A $500 NON REFUNDABLE deposit is due immediately upon completion of the auction and the full payment is due with 7 days of auction close.
Payment via cashiers check or wire transfer, DeLorean will not leave my
until ALL funds are cleared.
Will work with winning bidder and provide time to pick the car up. Will complete a TN Bill of sale. Clear TN Title is in hand and will be signed over once funds have cleared. if mailing title, it will be sent certified FEDex or UPS. If no feed back and no previous purchases through eBay, please contact me before bidding to ensure a completed transaction should you be the winning bidder.
I have made every attempt to notate accurate information as it pertains to the vehicle. Potential buyers are welcome to ask additional questions, ask for more pictures. I have all the pictures from the repairs and will give them to the winning bidder along with all the receipts for parts. Buyers are agreeing to an “AS-IS” “where is” sale. I reserve the right to end the auction early as the vehicle is for sale locally as well.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||SCEDT26T2BD005319||Mileage:||38940|
|Number of Cylinders:||6||Engine:||PRV|
|Drive Side:||Left-hand drive||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Power Options:||Power Locks, Power Windows, Air Conditioning||Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty|
|Interior Color:||Gray||Fuel Type:||Gasoline|
|Drive Type:||RWD||Exterior Color:||Silver|
|Vehicle Title:||Clean||Body Type:||Coupe|
|Options:||Leather Seats, Cassette Player||Make:||DeLorean|