Volkswagen Vanagon BUS (1983)
Price: US $28,000.00
Price: US $28,000.00
1983.5 Volkswagen Vanagon ASI Riviera (Westfalia) *NEWENGINE*
*4th owner, Non – Smoker
*Odometer on Van: 212507
*Odometer at engine replacement: 208627
*Odometer on new engine: 3880
*Serious buyers only
*no test drives unless you know how to drive a manualtransmission.
*Asking price of $38, 600 (OBO)
Socially distance in style with Huckleberry, your new Covidcompanion! Don’t spend another summer wishing you had a “do all” vehicle to getout and explore. This van would be amazing for anyone looking to get into areliable, low maintenance vintage camp mobile. Cure those Covid blues!
*Warning* Driving this van brings A LOT of attention. If youdon’t enjoy chatting with like minded strangers about how awesome your van is, this may not be the purchase for you.
*ALL work since ownership has been done at Peace Vans inSeattl (have all receipts). Including a brand new engine conversion installedby Peace Vans in March of 2020. The FAS Gen V inline 4 transforms the vanentirely while keeping it VW. The 135hp engine sails over mountain passes, getsabout 20mpg and has 3863 miles on the new build.
- Brand new, zero mile FAS Gen V inline 4 factoryengine. The list of work is extensive, completely installed by Peace Vans inSeattle. I will provide receipt dated 04/01/2020 detailing the entireconversion. Here is a summary of all systems completely replaced.
o NEW zero mile complete factory engine: Intake/ExhaustManifolds, Power Steering Pump, Water Pump, Alternator, Spark Plugs, ICU, Injectors, Fuel Rail, Fuel Filter, Hoses & Clamps, Billet Fuel Spigot, Proprietary In-line Adaptor Plate, Dust Shield, Flywheel & Ring Gear, FlexPlate For Automatics.
o FAS Proprietary Hydraulic Cradle & Mount Package:50° Under-the-lid Install, Custom FAS Billet Oil Pan
o Complete Exhaust System:
Muffler& Tail Pipe, Exhaust Hanging Kit, Header Pipe, Gas Kits Include NewCatalytic Converter.
o Cooling Components:
All Hoses, StainlessSteel Extension Pipes To Factory Pipes, Stainless Steel Thermostat to HeaterReturn Pipe, Proprietary Billet Goosenecks, Coolant Reservoir, ReservoirBracket.
o Wiring harness: Analog to Digital Vehicle SpeedSensor Unit, Every Kit Includes Cruise Control With a Universal Dash MountedPad, OBDII Connector.
o Clutch kit
o Fuel system: Entire fuel system has been replaced, original tank cleaned and resealed.
Mechanicals in addition to above:
- New brakes – new hoses, rear brake hardware, pads and shoes, new calipers all the way around.
- Inner and outer wheel bearings on both front andrear.
- New front heater control valve and cable.
- New front heater core and fan (full dash outjob).
Exterior of van
- 17” GTI “Denver” alloys with Bridgestone Blizzaktires. Setup really adds to the “feel” of the van when driving. Offers higherground clearance and handles great at 75mph.
- Original 14” steel spare with brand new tirelocated in clamshell under the front of the van.
- New ARB Aluminum 8ft awning installed withintegrated 12v LED light stripe, dimmable with both white and amber colors.
- New Oracle LED headlights with halo ring wiredinto parking lights. When the parking lights are on, the halo lights up. Turnon the head lights and both the headlight and halo are lit.
- STL “Circle Carbine” Hybrid Beam LED auxiliarylights by Go Westy. Aux lights are wired to a switch located above theheadlight switch on the dash.
- ALL lighting, tail lights, indicators, backuplights are in good working order.
- Fresh water hose connection with pressureregulator
- Water tank fill port
- Shore power outlet
- Gray water drain
- Flue for refrigerator
- Propane tank (fully operational)
- Lockable gas cap with key
- Aftermarket black steel bumpers
- Mirrors are original but still in great shape.
- Windows are in great shape, most have new seals.
- The Riviera top is a bit different the theWestfalia tops. The main difference is it pops straight up offering more headroom when in the van. The top itself is in overall great shape with very fewcracks. The canvas could stand to be replaced but it is functional if you don’tmind the tape closing the holes in the screens. The poptop hardware is inoverall good condition.
Interior of van
- The interior is VERY clean!
- Cabinets are in great shape.
- Rear bench seat folds flat, creating a bed.
- Rear bench seat has new seatbelts.
- 2 burner propane stove.
- propane/12v (2-way) refrigerator works great.Use on propane while boondocking, 12v power while driving.
- Sink has two faucets, a manual pump faucet pullswater from the 15 gallon water tank and the standard facet supplies water whenthe van is hooked up to a water supply.
- The “fresh water” faucet is new and all “freshwater” plumbing in the van has been redone with pex. When using the fresh watersupply, the water is safe to drink out of the faucet.
- Custom full extension slow close drawersmaximizing accessibility and space.
- Standard 120v outlet with USB ports installedfor use when plugged in to shore power.
- 15 gallon water tank. Great for washing dishes.
- 60 amp hour auxiliary battery under drivers seatpowers the van while boondocking. Camp up to 3 days with the aux battery beforedraining it. The auxiliary battery is isolated from the starting batterylocated under the passenger seat and is charged while the van is running. Thisconfiguration allows the van to start after multiple days of camping.
- Most of the interior lighting has been convertedto LED maximizing the aux battery capacity.
- Custom spice rack installed.
- Curtains on all windows including slider.
- Propane lines have been mostly replumbed withnew copper gas lines.
- Passenger seat has swivel.
- Furnace shown in photos has been removed andreplaced with custom full extension slow close drawer
- Dashboard included a Bosch tachometer andKenwood stereo with USB and Bluetooth, 4 speakers
- 12V cigarette lighter style charge port whichincludes two USB 2.2 amp charge ports, and a digital AUX battery (campingbattery) voltage meter.
- Center of the dash has two flip down cup holdersand a pocket for phones, etc.
- Dash mounted holder for phones or GPS.
- Glove box includes Go Westy glove box organizer.
- Kill switch installed.
Extras included with purchase:
- Go Westy Luggage rack cargo bag with hold downstraps.
- Go Westy dual nozzle windshield washer jets.
- Go Westy windshield washer pump.
- Custom exterior dish drying rack.
- Bus Depot waterproof cover.
- ARB Add-A-Room tent.
- Cleanwaste portable toilet with bags.
- Shower tent with solar shower.
- Complete vehicle inspection report by Peace Vans(most of which has been repaired).
- Professional 50+ page appraisal by AutoAppraisal Network dated 9/17/2019. Appraisal based on old Tiico motor, NOT newengine. Appraisal makes it easier to get insurance.
In full transparency, the final to-do list to make this vanperfect!
- The transmission is strong but original to thevan. Slightly grinds when downshifting into second gear but it’s not that bad.
- Suspension is in pretty good shape, but it issomething that came up in the inspection report. The van currently has manualsteering. However, power steering can be easily added if you decide to includea front rack replacement as part of the suspension work when the time comes. Thepump, reservoir and hoses were all installed as part of the engine conversion.
- Pop-top tent replacement. Can be a DIY job or havethe pro’s do it. Your choice.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||WV2YB0252DH108294||Mileage:||212507|
|For Sale By:||Private Seller||Fuel Type:||gasoline|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Engine:||1.9L Gas I4|
|Exterior Color:||Blue||Drive Type:||RWD|
|Body Type:||Standard Passenger Van||Make:||Volkswagen|
|Number of Cylinders:||4|