Saab 900 CONVERTIBLE (1992)
Price: US $500.00
Price: US $500.00
I bought the car to restore however I’m at
a location that does not have SAAB resources or expertise to help me so I’m
posting it for sale.
CONS: It currently needs a clutch kit- Pressure plate and disk ($200) part. The flywheel is in great condition. I had an independent mechanic remove the clutch but could not source one to replace therefore the car is not operational. I have the clutch kit on order at the time of this listing but not sure if it is the right part however I do have a new slave cylinder in the truck.
- The Air bag light is on because I had dash light bulbs replaced and the guy took the steering wheel off before disconnecting the battery and it tripped the air bag sensor. It requires a SAAB dealership to reset the light.
- The Hood release cable was replaced however it is loose and therefore needs adjustment. The only way to open the hood is through the front of the car.
- The turn signal handle, when turning left or right, stays up/down and therefore does not move back into position when the steering goes back to straight position. It’s common for this age of vehicle.
- No A/C. The compressor is not installed. It was missing when I bought it. However, the car was converted to R-134 before the compressor was removed.
- Cruise control does not work
- Trim is missing on the sides
- Automatic antenna is stuck in up position however the motor cycles on and off when the car/radio is turned off and on. Just need a new antenna mast
- Rust free body but appears to be original paint. I replaced the hood Saab emblems
- new premium tires (Pirellis) with nitrogen fill including the spare tire
- new battery (premium)
- new spark plugs and wires, IAC, exhaust manifold gasket, Synthetic Oil,
- upgraded stereo system with detachable face, fuel filter.
- New F/R ceramic brakes and slotted rotors
- New F/R premium shocks.
- Convertible top is 3yrs old and is in perfect working order
Note: The car has not been operational for 2 mos because the local mechanic has had problems matching a clutch to the vehicle with VIN #. The current clutch that was removed is a TYP 210X MF 228, however for that year make and model, all the mechanic shops show that it should be a different clutch. Being the clutch has been removed, the brake fluid has been drained as well as the anti-freeze. I have new bottles of the replacement brake fluid in the trunk. Once again, everything was operational, no leaks, convertible works, etc, …except that the clutch is out. The automotive shop was going to charge me $500 to install the clutch however, we could not get the right clutch.
Please contact me with any questions you might have.
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||YS3AK76E9N7007773||Mileage:||162,584|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Trim:||CONVERTIBLE|
|Vehicle Title:||Clear||Engine:||2.1L, 4CYL|
|Options:||CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats||Drive Type:||FWD|
|Safety Features:||Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag||Power Options:||Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats|
|Sub Model:||S||Fuel Type:||Gasoline|
|Exterior Color:||Blue||For Sale By:||Private Seller|
|Interior Color:||Gray||Disability Equipped:||No|
|Number of Cylinders:||4||Drive Side:||Right-hand drive|