1971 South Carolina YOM License Plate Accessory Package SC1971-D12831 NCplates
“Plate in VG or better condition qualified for use on your vehicle.”
Item offered is a South Carolina Year of Manufacture accessory package for any 1971 vehicle registered in SC. PLEASE read the registration procedure below before purchase! The package includes the following-
- 1971 South Carolina license plate in minimum VG condition as shown. The license plate included in this package is legal to display on your vehicle registered in South Carolina for Year Of Manufacture use as of 10/7/2015 and will require to be registered as a vanity as per the registration procedures shown below.
-A plastic bag to protect the plate while it is not used on your car. -A copy of the SC General Statute regarding the use of Year of Manufacture license plates. -South Carolina DMV Form RG-505A required to register the license plate. Price shown is my ebay price. For more information on this item and a better price, click here. I ship daily Monday through Friday so payments through Paypal made before 12 Noon Eastern time get same day shipping!REGISTRATION PROCEDURECustomers must comply with the following registration procedures in order to register a Year of Manufacture license plate:
1. Customers must contact the Department’s Personalized Plate Unit in Blythewood by mail or phone prior to obtaining the Year of Manufacture plate to ensure that the plate number can be used for general circulation.
Personalized Plate Unit
SC Department of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0008
2. The Personalized Plate unit checks the system to ensure that the plate number is from an approved number series and does not duplicate any plate already in the system.
3. If the plate number is available, the Personalized Plate unit reserves the number for the customer and instructs the customer to obtain the plate.
4. Once the customer has obtained the plate, he or she completes application form RG-505A for approval to use the Year of Manufacture license plate and mails to Personalized Plate Unit Blythewood with a clear color copy or photograph of the plate, a copy of a paid property tax receipt for the current year, and all required fees.
5. If the vehicle was never previously titled, the owner can submit a Form 400 to make application for title, along with all applicable title fees.
6. The Personalized Plate unit verifies that the plate is a general issue plate and meets all specifications for the year in which it was manufactured, that the vehicle has been titled (or that title application accompanies the form RG-505A) and that the vehicle to which the plate is to be registered is of the same YEAR MAKE.
7. Based on the appearance of the plate from the copy or photograph, the Personalized Plate unit either approves the condition of the plate or contacts the customer to have the condition of the plate verified by a local DMV office.
8. Once the condition of the plate is approved, the Personalized Plate unit will process the registration.
9. The Personalized Plate unit will mail the customer the registration and decal, along with a standard form letter advising the customer of the requirement to keep the decal with the registration in the vehicle at all times.
Powered by Turbo Lister
The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.
Sale Price: US $32.50